There are two buckets when it comes to pregnant mamas: you're either in the I love it or I hate it bucket. I happen to fall in the I love it bucket. Of course each pregnancy is different and definitely has it's good days and bad days, but to me there are far more ups than downs. Here are a few of my favorite things about being pregnant:
1. My body. It's truly amazing to think about what's going on inside my body. Yes, there's some not so fun things, but to feel the baby kick inside of me in unreal. It's by far one of the best feelings I've ever felt. Just to think about feeling and seeing your baby grow inside of you creates an intimacy you can't explain.
2. My husband. To see him already love our baby so much fills my heart. He's been so amazing throughout my pregnancy making sure I'm comfortable, eating the right foods, taking my prenatal vitamin everyday, etc.
3. Shopping. I've caught myself too many times asking why they don't have my size in these baby clothes. But seriously, these little clothes are just the cutest.
4. My snoogle. My pregnancy pillow has been such a treat and has definitely helped my sleep. I know my husband cant wait until this 'third-person of a pillow' gets the boot but for now I'm going to enjoy snuggling up to my snoogle.
5. A 9-month cleanse. Although I'm not a big drinker, going basically a year without a drop of alcohol is great on your body and a great mental refreshment.
6 Conversations. People ask "when are you due" or "boy of girl" or "is this your first" followed by their own pregnancy/kid stories.
7. People. People are so much nicer when they see I'm pregnant. They'll say congratulations or offer to carry things for you. Maybe it's because we've back in the South, but I'm going to go with everyone loves a pregnant person! ;-)