I'm sure you've heard the hype, seen my top three books for entrepreneurs, or picked up the book by now, but today we're talking #GIRLBOSS.
Sophia Armuroso has been through the good, the bad, and the ugly, and has a lot of advice to give on her journey to success. The story goes somewhat like this: homeless SF dumpster diving bagel eater becomes well-respected #GIRLBOSS with hundreds of employees and millions in the bank.
I really enjoyed #GIRLBOSS, it's a great read for all of us professional females out there trying to make something of ourselves.
My book is highlighted and scribbled on but I managed to pull 10 of my favorite lessons from the book:
1. "You combine hard work, creativity, and self-determination, and things start to happen."
2. "You can never run away. Not ever. The only way out is in."
3. "Every small choice you've made along the way was something that contributed to where you am now."
4. "Take care of the little things - even the little things that you hate - and treat them as promises to your own future."
5. "You can end up ignoring, and even losing the positive things in your life by just focusing too much on the negative."
6. "Focus on the posititve things in your life and you'll be shocked at how many more positive things start happening."
7. "The most important thing to do is to take risks. The risks are when breakthroughs happen, and big shifts take you to new places and create opportunities. They can be really scary and intimidating, but that means it is taking you out of your comfort zone."
8. "You won't go anywhere just talking about yourself. Listen. Its one of the greatest gifts you could give to yourself."
9. "You will make sacrifices and compromised, get let down and let other people down, fail and start over, break some hearts, take some names and learn to pick up and continue when your own heart gets broken. But difficult doesn't mean impossible, and out of the bajillions of things in the is universe that you can't control, what ou can control is how hard you try, and if you when to pack it in."
10. "As hard as it is, stop caring so much about what other people think. Find a way to hear what you want. Recognize what is your dream. And then put everything you have into that: your work, the relationships you surround yourself with, the food you put in your body. Everything you have ontrol over in your world should feed that dream and make you feel like a #GIRLBOSS."
Have you read #GIRLBOSS? Would love to hear what you thought about the book. Which of these quotes resonates with you?