I saw a Valentine's Day questioner going around Facebook so thought it would be fun to answer some of the questions and give you a little background on our love story.
1. When and where did you meet your other half?
Mike and I met while we were in college at the University of Alabama. It was our freshman year, we were both out of state Floridians and messaged each other on Facebook (it's still a debate who messaged who first!). Then while at a party our freshman year, two friends introduced us.
2. How long have you been with your significant other?
We’ve been together for roughly 8 years, married for 1 year and 3 months!
3. If you’re married, when did you say “I do”?
November 8, 2014
4. What song did you walk down the aisle to?
My dad walked me down the aisle to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri. We had a string duo playing - it was so beautiful!
5. Do you have any children yet?
No, not yet! We're still enjoying getting to travel and be married for now. We both love kids so it's in our future just not yet.
6. What’s your favorite thing about your other half?
This sounds so cliche but he's really my biggest supporter. He's loving, patient, kind, and has a romantic side where he'll leave me love notes or bring me flowers just because.
7. Were you and your other half high school sweethearts?
No, thank goodness we didn't know each other in high school!
8. Where was your first date?
When you're young, broke and in college you don't really go on "dates." Technically, our first "date" was at our first Alabama football game.
9. How long were you dating before you said “I love you”?
Geez, that was so long ago! We were probably a few months in before he or I said it.
10. Where is your favorite place you have traveled with your other half?
This is so hard because we've been to so many amazing places together. But if I had to pick, I would say our Hawaii trip because we were there for 2 weeks and got to disconnect and just spend quality time with each other. Oh and we got engaged there so that's didn't hurt either ;-)
11. How do you and your other half usually spend Valentines Day?
We usually start the day with a hike or something outdoors, then will go to one of our favorite restaurants in San Francisco or try a new spot, and bring a bottle of wine.
12. What does your favorite date night’ consist of?
We're pretty simple people, so it doesn't take a lot to please us. I'm fine with ordering sushi to-go and watching a movie at home or getting dressed up and out to dinner. I will say, it's nice to spice things up and do something different together every once in a while. It's so important to always "date your spouse."
13. What is the best gift you have received from your other half?
Probably my engagement ring because it had so much meaning behind it. I mean, spending the rest of your life with someone is a pretty big deal.To me, that just signified so much from our relationship and the covenant we were going to make. There's no other material item that can beat that!
14. What's the best relationship advice have you gotten over the years?
We've gotten a ton of advice from family, friends, pastors and books, but that's a whole other post. Hmm...a more recently piece of advice that we got is to have unity in marriage.