I hope your last few days of 2015 and first few days of 2016 were fresh and exciting! We've been gone on vacation for 2 weeks with family, which was so nice but then these last few days I've been sick with the flu (what a wonderful way to ring in 2016!). Other than being too weak to open a Gatorade bottle (true story, just ask my husband), I've had a lot of free time on my hands to reflect on what I'd like 2016 to look like.
We were streaming church on Sunday and the pastor asked everyone to pick a word: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control - then ask this question. What one word do you think you should personally focus on in 2016? For me, my word is self-control. This isn't the self-control that has to do with eating or anger, but more so organizational self-control. I have a tendency to set a goal and not follow through with it, which is where the self-control goal comes in. My hope is for December 31st to get here and I've conquered the self-control throughout all aspects of my life.
I made a list of goals for 2016, both short term and long term, and keep track of them here as I feel my blog is a great piece of motivation. After all it helps to have accountability partners, and you guys can be mine! So without further ado, here are my resolutions for 2016.
- Dry January - Go the whole month of January with out drinking alcohol
- Get to the point where I genuinely want to exercise. ClassPass has definitely helped but I still look at working out as a chore.
- Spend more time to talking and visiting with family and friends.
- Grow my blog viewers.
- Grow my blog subscriber list.
- Learn how to speak Spanish so I can speak to my husband's family and teach our kids one day.
- Keep my editorial calendar organized.
- Build Instagram following to 20K.
- Get rid of clutter and keep things neat and clean. I have minor hoarder-like tendencies, but admitting it is the first step...right?!
I am looking forward to completing my goals and sticking to my resolutions for 2016. Psst…help me complete one of my goals by subscribing to my email list!
What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?