Spring is full fledge, which means wedding season is officially here! I'll be posting different wedding topics during the next few months, so if you have any questions or want to request a certain topic, please email me.
There are so many different ways to add personal touches and details to your big day. One is to have pre-ceremony cocktails or other alcoholic beverages before the ceremony starts. As with anything, there are pros and cons that come with the pre-ceremony drinking.
- You're sending out the message that everyone's here to have a good time.
- A drink is refreshing if it's hot outside.
- You can create a signature drink from the bride and groom to add a personal touch. Tip: You can also serve this signature drink at the bar during cocktail hour and the reception.
- Think about the type of guests you have attending. If you think they'll be wasted before the bride walks down the aisle, then you might want to reconsider the pre-ceremony drinking. Remember, following the ceremony is cocktail hour and the reception.
- This is an added expense to your budget and totally not necessary. If you're trying to cut costs, I suggest skipping the pre-ceremony cocktails.
I suggest speaking with your caterer and asking his/her opinion on pre-ceremony cocktails. Sometimes water or iced tea is included as a pre-ceremony beverage, which is exactly what we chose!
Are you planning on serving pre-ceremony cocktails? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.