Before we got married, Mike and I went through a pre-marital class with our church. Although we've been together for years, it was nice to be able to talk to other married couples and seek wisdom from them. During the class we also had to face some interesting (and some tough) questions but made us so much stronger entering this lifelong commitment. Some of the questions we previously talked about, but others we hadn't so it was good to tackle them before the big day. Whether you're engaged, dating someone, or a newlywed, I highly suggest discussing these questions before you say "I Do."
1. What does a "clean home" mean to you?
2. What are your views on finances?
3. Why do you want to get married?
4. What do you bring to the table?
5. What's your love language?
6. How many days a week do you want to be intimate?
7. How did your parents fight/argue?
8. Do we want children? If so, how many?
9. Who is going to take care for the kids?
10. What are your expectations for the household will me maintained?
11. Do we like and respect each other's friends?
12. How do we fight? When we argue or fight, what happens?
13. Are you ready to put my needs above your own needs and wants?