I've had my eye on this dress ever since Emily Schuman from Cupcakes and Cashmere launched her clothing line in Nordstrom and Shopbop. I loved how it was the perfect dress to dress up or down, and can easily be transitioned from summer into fall. This Cupcakes and Cashmere Laurel chiffon shift dress is made with a sheer, ivory-colored material that's lightweight and great quality. I especially love the drop waist because it adds that flirty touch. This dress is perfect for summer with these sandals. But also perfect for fall when topped with a leather tailored leather jacket and booties. I'm not typically a dress girl, but this dress will be on repeat for me!
Emily Schuman founder and blogger of Cupcakes and Cashmere launched her fashion line at Nordstrom.com and Shopbop. She created 60 pieces that were inspired by California. This is her first round of three shipments, and I have to say that I'm loving these pieces. I love this military jacket, this classic striped top, sleeveless chiffon dress, this blue jumpsuit and this lace skirt. One of my favorite pieces is this pink coat, which I'm assuming is coming in the fall (fingers crossed).
Shop more of from Emily's collection here...
images via Cupcakes and Cashmere
I began collecting coffee table books after we got married and starting building our "real" home together. Never did I ever think that a new and colorful book would get me excited, but it does. I like collecting an array of different books, anything from recipes, places, travel, decor, recipes, etc. If you follow me on Instagram then you know I recently scooped up this See San Francisco, which shows the beauty and uniqueness of San Francisco perfectly. This precent purchase got me inspired to pull together some of my favorite coffee table books. What are some of your favorite coffee table books?
1. See San Francisco - Design blogger Victoria Smith (SF Girl By Bay) tours San Francisco through her lens.
2. Kate: The Kate Moss Book - Iconic images of the highly retrospective Kate Moss.
3. Decorate - Shares decorating tips and ideas to every room from influential designers like Jonathan Adler, Amy Butler and Kelly Wearstler.
4. A Boat, A Whale & A Walrus - One of the country's most acclaimed chefs and owner of several Seattle restaurants, Renee Erickson, compiled a cookbook of seasonal food, seafood, and elegant recipes.
5. Audrey: The 60s - A photographic collection of Audrey Hepburn from from Breakfast at Tiffany's to Vogue fashion shoots, and more.
6. Cupcakes and Cashmere At Home - Popular lifestyle blogger shows off her decorating and fashionable personal space with DIY design projects, party planning ideas, and more.
7. Domino - Breaks down decorating room-to-room with how-to advice, tastemaker secrets, ideas, etc.
8. Vanity Fair: The Portraits - 300 iconic portrait images from Vanity Fair's most talented photographers.
9. Kate Spade: Things We Love - A compilation of Kate Spade's 20 years; think a mood board in book form.